Since the last post was so negative, I thought I would give you all something wonderful and happy to make up for it. :) This may not sound all that exciting, but I promise it is HEAVENLY. So heavenly, in fact, that I had about 6 servings at one meal with my husband watching. If you know anything about my sugar-loathing husband, you understand the insanity of that. My mother-in-law calls it "salad" which makes us all feel okay about eating it and then eating dessert afterwards, so I've renamed it to prevent you from being tempted. Please, for the sake of your tongue and the detriment of your rear - give this a shot. Tonight. And don't be put off by the frozen strawberries. I don't like them either, but they are great in this recipe. Enjoy Lovies!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed stick pretzels
- 4 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cups butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Mix in frozen strawberries, and stir until thawed. Pour over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.